A captivating performer, internationally recognized songwriter and award winning recording artist
David Myles is a fresh force on the Canadian entertainment landscape and his most recent release “On The Line” showcase his creativity, vocal versatility and musical dexterity. The cd is a powerful and stylish blend of jazz, blues, gospel, pop and folk influences that has already been recognized with numerous awards and nominations, including the 2009 ECMA Folk Recording of the Year Award. The trademark enthusiasm and likeability that make David such an instant favourite with audiences shine through on his latest release.
David is fearless in his arrangements – from Hammond Organ to double bass to an outstanding horn section – he enjoys an acoustic palate that marries rich and elegant with animated and imaginative. In live shows he serves it up with the energy of a demon, and audiences immediately open up to his honest and passionate delivery. David is a young man but he has old-soul wisdom that connects him with people on the most fundamental level.
David’s last release, “Things Have Changed,” exposed him to new national and international audiences and earned him industry recognition in the form of two Music Nova Scotia Awards, and nominations for both the 2007 Canadian Folk Music Best New Artist Award and the ECMA Galaxie Rising Star Recording of the Year. Compelling and laconically comical, “When It Comes My Turn” won first place in the International Songwriting Competition and was the winning song at the 2008 Chris Austin Merlefest Songwriting Contest in the folk singer/songwriter category – a standout favourite with audiences.
From small house concerts to major festivals and national and international showcase events, demand for David is growing across Canada and the US. Audience and industry reaction to his newest release is enthusiastic and embracing.
Awards & Achievements
- 2009 Great American Song Contest – First Place Contemporary Acoustic/Folk Category (When It Comes My Turn)
- 2009 ECMA winner, Folk Recording of the Year
- 2009 Male Artist of the Year, Folk Recording of the Year, Entertainer of the Year
- 2008 Winner Chris Austin (Merlefest) Songwriting Contest (When It Comes My Turn)
- 2008 CBC Radio 3 Bucky Adams Award Nominee For Most Canadian Song “Cape Breton”
- 2008 Music Nova Scotia Nominations: Entertainer of the Year Album of the Year Folk
Recording of the Year • Songwriter of the Year • Male Artist of the Year
- 2007 Music Nova Scotia Male Artist of the Year Award
- 2007 Music Nova Scotia Folk/ Roots Recording of the Year Award
- 2007 ECMA Galaxie Rising Star Recording of the Year Nominee
- 2007 Canadian Folk Music Awards Best New Artist Nominee
- 2006 Winner of the International Songwriting Competition (Folk Singer-Songwriter Category)
• Finalist in the John Lennon Songwriting Competition (Folk Singer-Songwriter Category)